Frequently Asked Questions


  • Are the church and Parish Pastoral Center accessible by the elevator?

          Yes. If you are coming here for Mass or for any event in the church, there is an elevator just inside the glass street-level entrance on      Belvidere Street. If you visit our offices during the week, there is a lift just inside the St. Cecilia Street entrance.



  • How do I make an appointment for confession?
    Simply call the Parish Office (617-536-4548 x. 114)



  • How do I enroll in the Offertory Commitment Program?
    Read More


  • How can I get married at Saint Cecilia Church?
    Read More


  • What do I need to do to have my baby baptized at Saint Cecilia?
    Read More


  • How can I enroll my children in the Faith Formation Program?
    Read More


  • How can I get a Mass enrollment card?
    Read More


  • How do I add someone’s name to the parish prayer list?
    Simply call the Parish Office (617-536-4548 x. 114) or e-mail Megan Riggle


  • How do I donate flowers for a memorial?
    Simply call the Parish Office (617-536-4548 x. 114) or e-mail Megan Riggle


  • I have celiac disease; do you have low-gluten communion hosts?
    Yes, the parish has a supply of low-gluten altar bread available for those who cannot tolerate gluten. Our low-gluten bread is made with wheat starch and water. The gluten content is less than 0.01%. It is made, stored, and shipped in a designated area free from all other wheat products. If you would like to receive Holy Communion with one of these hosts, please call the Parish Office (617-536-4548 x. 114) or e-mail Megan Riggle


  • How do I request an FM listening device when I come to Mass?
    Small receivers are available for anyone who may have trouble hearing the sound system. Simply request a receiver from one of our greeters before Mass.


  • How can I arrange to receive the Sacrament of the Sick?
    To arrange for the Sacrament of the Sick or Viaticum for the Dying (Holy Communion for those in danger of death), please call the Parish Office (617-536-4548 x. 114) or e-mail Megan Riggle. It is always possible to anoint the sick during one of our regularly scheduled liturgies.


  • How can I arrange for Holy Communion to be brought to someone unable to get to Mass?
    Simply call the Parish Office (617-536-4548 x. 114) or e-mail Megan Riggle


  • Where can I park when I come to Saint Cecilia?
    Read More


  • How can I propose an activity for the parish?
    Read More


  • What is an annulment and how can I learn more about the annulment process?
    An annulment is a declaration by a Church tribunal (a Catholic church court) that a marriage thought to be valid according to Church law actually fell short of at least one of the essential elements required for a binding union. The annulment process is frequently misunderstood. If you would like more information on the annulment process, please contact Mark Donohoe (this should be a hyperlink). You can also read some frequently asked questions about annulments by visiting


  • What is a CORI and why do I have to submit to a criminal background check?
    A CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) is a record of all criminal court appearances in Massachusetts for a particular individual, including arrests, convictions, dismissals, and serious violations. You will have a Massachusetts CORI if you have ever been charged with a crime in a state or federal court in Massachusetts, whether your case ended with a conviction, a finding of not guilty, charges were dismissed, or another outcome.The Archdiocese of Boston requires us to perform criminal background checks for anyone who engages in a ministry that has the potential of coming into contact with children or senior parishioners. Although this includes catechists, greeters, lectors, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, members of the Saint Cecilia CARES Team, and others, having a criminal record does not necessarily mean that you cannot be engaged in these ministries.If you have a criminal record, the Braintree diocesan office that processes the CORI check is well aware of the need to keep your information confidential. If your record has no bearing on the ministry in which you wish to participate, you will simply be approved. If there is an issue that prohibits you from engaging in certain ministries, only the pastor will be notified and he will try and help you identify a more appropriate parish ministry.The Archdiocese does have an appeal process, so if there are circumstances you would like to have them consider, they are happy to listen. CORI reports are not always accurate; if there are errors on your CORI, the Archdiocese will provide you with information on how to file a petition with the court to have your record corrected.The following ministries do not require a CORI check: Parish Gardeners/Environment, Homelessness and Hunger Ministries, Music Ministry, the Advent Giving Tree, Prison & After Ministry, Rainbow Ministry, Whole Body Prayer, Adult Faith Formation, Parish Pastoral Council, and Men’s Spirituality.


WordPress Lightbox Plugin